THE CHURCH STUDIO POLICIES
ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS & POLICIES
to accompany BOOKING AGREEMENT and VENUE RENTAL AGREEMENT
The Church Studio, a National Landmark, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Honoring The Church Studio’s history and current significance means we have high standards and expectations of those that use The Church Studio for their special event. It also means that there may be construction or maintenance work ongoing on certain parts of The Church Studio at the time of your event. Every effort will be taken to minimize impact.
- Certain rooms and outdoor spaces in The Church Studio may not be accessible to guests with mobility issues: every effort to make accommodations will be made, though the historic nature of The Church Studio makes it impossible to render every space accessible.
- All plans for decor are subject to approval and are limited to the designated event spaces. Nothing may be affixed to any interior or exterior surface of The Church Studio without advanced approval. No signage or banners may be placed on The Church Studio grounds. All decorative items must be fireproof.
- The Church Studio is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not allowed anywhere indoors or outdoors on the Church Studio immediate grounds. Please ask for a designated area west of the property.
- Because of significant fire risk to The Church Studio, no candles or votives, sparklers, fire, open flame, Lanterns, torches, candelabras, or any other items requiring open flame are permitted within The Church Studio property.
- LED or other battery-powered candles are an acceptable option, so long as they do not use halogen or other high-heated bulbs.
- Children must be supervised by adults at all times. No jumping on furniture pieces.
- No weapons or firearms are allowed on The Church Studio Property.
- Application of hairspray, cologne, perfumes, aerosol sprays, and make-up is allowed only in designated restrooms
- The event or session start and end times outlined in the contract must be adhered to.
- Early entry or late-exit will be subject to additional fees.
- A licensed, insured bartender must be present. No cash bars. All bartending companies must be pre-approved by The Church Studio and required to provide a copy of license and insurance by the 2 week walk-through meeting. Bartending The Church Studio and Lessee assume all responsibility for conduct and consumption of guests.
- All drinks should be served on the lower level in the lounge and kitchen area.
- No amplified music outside the facility for more than the length of a ceremony or event.
- No dancing on wood floors. Dancing shall be restricted to the Gallery level.
- Glitter is never allowed, either by itself or on décor of any kind!
- Real flower petals can only be used outside of The Church Studio and must be picked up afterwards. For indoor events, silk flower petals may be used as decoration or tossed and must be collected in their entirety by the end of the event.
- Examples of approved Grand Exit items include: lighted devices, glow sticks, silk flower petals, noise makers, pom-poms, small hand-held flags, etc.
- No exterior decorations adhered to The Church Studio.
- Interior decorations must be minimal and free-standing or draped.
- All food and other waste must be gathered and disposed of in the trash bags provided. Trash bags must be removed from the kitchen and placed in the dumpster located in the fenced-in area to the side of The Church Studio.
- The Church Studio is not responsible for lost or broken property of its guests or Clients and Client personnel.
- Any items brought in must be removed by the end of your contract time.
- For events such as a wedding, a, 1 hour rehearsal will automatically be set for the day of the wedding unless no event is booked the day before. In this case, the 1 hour rehearsal can be done the day before the wedding during business hours.
- One additional site-visit for all events after booking the venue. We recommend coordinating with any necessary vendors to bring to this visit with you.
- Final walk-through will be 2 weeks before the event during business hours. At this time, a list of all vendors and their contact information should be given to the Event Manager for coordination the morning of the event as well as a copy of the bartender's license and insurance.
- All rentals (linens, table settings, etc) must come from Party Pro.
- The Church Studio is allowed to take photos at all events. Copies of photos are available by request. Please refer to the “Photography and Video Policy” on our website for additional information.
The Client must designate an agent, manager, record label, event coordinator or personal representative who will be in contact with The Church Studio as needed before, during and after the event or session.
DRUGS & ALCOHOL
- The The Church Studio is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive working environment for all employees, contractors, Clients, Client personnel and visitors involved in its operation. The The Church Studio is a drug-free workplace and administers drug testing policy for its employees.
- The use of drugs on the premises by the Client or Client personnel is strictly forbidden.
- Any Client or Client personnel found using, supplying, under the influence, or in the possession of, an illegal substance whilst on the Premises will be required to leave the premises immediately and may face prosecution under the law. A breach of this shall be deemed to be a material breach of the Agreement. In such circumstances, the The Church Studio reserves the right to terminate the booking, regardless of whether such booking has commenced or not, and any fees paid or owing to the The Church Studio by the Client shall be non-refundable.
- Consumption of alcohol on the premises by the Client or Client personnel is strictly forbidden unless alcohol is served by the The Church Studio’s on-site staff or catering service. Where alcohol is served by the The Church Studio’s on-site catering service it is the sole responsibility of the Client and the Client personnel to ensure that any alcohol is consumed in a responsible and appropriate manner and does not cause a breach of any other term of this Agreement.
- The The Church Studio reserves the right to refuse entry to the premises to any Client or Client personnel or require that any Client or Client personnel leave the premises if the The Church Studio considers that, in its sole discretion, the Client or any Client personnel is behaving in an inappropriate manner or endangers the right for all employees to work in a safe working environment. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall include where the The Church Studio considers that the Client or any Client personnel has consumed alcohol in an inappropriate or irresponsible manner. In such circumstances, the The Church Studio reserves the right to terminate the booking, regardless of whether such booking has commenced or not, and any fees paid or owing to the The Church Studio by the Client shall be non-refundable.
- The Client shall be responsible for the actions of the Client personnel and shall ensure that the Client personnel are made aware of the obligations and policies and shall ensure that the Client personnel comply with these obligations at all times.
- To the extent the The Church Studio so elects the The Church Studio’s obligations under the Agreement shall terminate with immediate effect if the Client commits a breach of any provision of any provision of the Agreement.
- To the extent permissible by law, the Client shall keep the The Church Studio fully indemnified against all costs, expenses, damages and losses, including any interest, fines, legal and other professional fees and expenses awarded against or incurred or paid by the The Church Studio arising out of, or in connection with, any breach of provisions of this Agreement by the Client or any Client personnel.
- In the event that a Booking is terminated as a result of a breach, the The Church Studio shall not be required to refund any fee to the Client and reserves the right to charge the full fee to the Client in the event that a booking is cancelled by the The Church Studio, regardless of whether such Booking has commenced or not.
The Client shall indemnify the The Church Studio and keep the The Church Studio indemnified in full against any injury, loss, damage, costs and/or expenses suffered by the The Church Studio arising from or attributable to:
- the Client’s cancellation of the booking including without limitation any costs or expenses incurred by the The Church Studio in connection with the booking;
- the Client’s making, use or exploitation of the recordings;
- the Client’s breach of the Agreement;
- the Client’s media including without limitation the Clients own part recorded material; or
- the Client’s own plug-in software.
Notwithstanding any other term of the Agreement, the The Church Studio shall not be under any liability for any failure to perform any of its obligations under the Agreement due to “Force Majeure”. Following notification by the The Church Studio to the Client of such cause, the The Church Studio shall be allowed a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations. For the purpose of the Agreement, ‘Force Majeure’ means any matters beyond the reasonable control of the The Church Studio, including without limitation:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tornado, earthquake, fire or accident;
- epidemic or pandemic, including without limitation, any outbreak of Covid-19;
- war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition;
- acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
- import or export regulations or embargoes;
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the The Church Studio or of a third party);
- difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery; and
- power failure or breakdown in machinery.
In the event of a force majeure caused by the Client which results in the cancellation of a session before it has commenced then the booking cancellation policy applies. In the event of the The Church Studio cancelling the session before commencement, the The Church Studio in the first instance will look to reschedule the booking. In the event of a force majeure resulting in the cancellation of a session whilst taking place and the The Church Studio is unable to fulfil its obligations, all costs incurred by the The Church Studio at the point of cancellation including live room rental will be deducted from any amounts paid, and unless agreed otherwise 50% of the balance will be refunded in an agreed manner.